Anything that does not fit into other topics.
enzo
Platinum
Platinum

Post by enzo »

:P
lucass81
Gold
Gold

Post by lucass81 »

Europeans suck at sports, they always have to cheat to win. Its always the same and in every sport. They hate losing to colonies. Anyway the same happened in the 2002 world cup when Asian teams cheated and eliminated european teams. So the thing is that profesional sports are bussiness not sports. Thats the way it is.
84 GTV6
96 M3
joey
Gold
Gold

Post by joey »

shutup enzo, switzerland are out too ! 8)

damn shame tho, they didn't deserve that. Moreover, italy will roll over ukraine to get into the final eight, which isn't fair at all. They suck.

Neil was / is still the man of the tornament for us IMHO, but to go out at the 93rd min like that is way harsh.

Still, proud of the boys, so proud :cry:
"Fun is an unintended, unforeseen, and usually undignified consequence of life."
x-rad
Verde
Verde

Post by x-rad »

All I have to say is:

Green White, Red. They give us lasagna, the Alfa, and maybe the cup....

but I have never seen so much ''acting'' in any other sport except maybe in Hulkamania II
lucass81
Gold
Gold

Post by lucass81 »

By the way the Pumas beat up the All Blacks, the referee gave the match to New Zeland. Always the same, it seems that the IRB dont want the SpringBox, Wallabies and All Blacks losing to the Pumas. Professional sports suck.
84 GTV6
96 M3
ALFA GTV6 GP
Platinum
Platinum

Post by ALFA GTV6 GP »

Italy were better actors on the day (Grosso when down faster than a two dollar whore).Australia out played Italy the whole match and its a shame the Ref gave the game to Italy with such a suspect controversial decision.The Ref made two major errors Materazzi should not have recieved a red and Grosso should not have been awarded a penalty......
John
Alfa 75 3.0 qv potenziata (Black)
Alfa GTV6 3.0 (Silver)
Alfa GTV6 GP 3.0 (Red)
Alfa GTV6 GP (Concourse)
Alfa GTV6 SA 3.3 AHMotorsport (Grey) 226.3 Bhp atw
Alfa GTV6 3.0 (Dark Grey) 200+ Bhp atw
Que Boludo
Gold
Gold

Post by Que Boludo »

If the same circumstances faced the Italians, that penalty would not have been given due to fear of him (referee) not get home that night.

If I might add it all seems a bit suspicious, he was 4m from where the clean tackle took place, 30sec to go. He didn’t have to decide if it was a penalty he had to decide if he wanted Italia to win.

I can understand bad decision but this was critical to the game and I don’t think that tackle was in any way a hard tackle to warrant the game to the italianos.

I also think the game would have gone to penalties and the Italians would have won that, that would have been a good match with a unfortunate outcome.

Argentina WILL take the cup!!
Learn the lines boys/girls!!

Ya lo vez
Ya lo vez,
El que no salta es un Ingles.

and

Vamos, vamos Argentina,
vamos, vamos a ganar,
que esta barra quilombera,
no te deja, no te deja de alentar.
I maka de list, you Justa geta the parts - OK! Wise words from the great master Toni Baloney – Ginger Fingers.
enzo
Platinum
Platinum

Post by enzo »

joey but i'm italan :wink:
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

We can tell.
You can't spell Italian. :shock:
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse
enzo
Platinum
Platinum

Post by enzo »

:oops:
patzo_3l
Platinum
Platinum

Post by patzo_3l »

FYI: just to clear up some discrepencies here and for those of you that do not fully understand the rules of soccer. the penalty was awarded not for the dive but for the fact that neil being the last man before the goal impeted grosso. this basically means that he played the player and not the ball. this is the reason that the referee did not hesistate to give the penalty as he was only five or so meters away and thus saw exactly what happened. secondly i do think that the australians did well, however against ten men for half of the game and still not able to score or even create goal scoring oppurtunities is a little lame. at the end of the day most of the australian team play in europe anyway and similar sort of tactics. so for those of us in the know it was europe vs europe. :D

patzo_3l
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

Hey enzo, sorry mate, that was just too cruel. I take it all back. :)
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse
joey
Gold
Gold

Post by joey »

Que Boludo wrote:If the same circumstances faced the Italians, that penalty would not have been given due to fear of him (referee) not get home that night.
heh, i think you're probably right.
Que Boludo wrote:If I might add it all seems a bit suspicious, he was 4m from where the clean tackle took place, 30sec to go. He didn’t have to decide if it was a penalty he had to decide if he wanted Italia to win.
that's the problem tho. As much as i want to believe the news presenters (who are now experts on a game they couldn't pronounce three weeks ago btw..) it wasn't a clean tackle. Fundamental rule of defending: stay on your feet, if you slide, get the ball. Neil did neither.
Yes, unfortunatley i agree w/ patzo... the foul wasn't given, instead it was obstruction (evidenced by ref not giving Neil a card). Still it's contentious b/c most refs wouldn't give it, especially in the box. Neil was on the ground and Grosso ran over him and dived. It's a 50/50 call in that way.

In any case, as i said earlier, Neil wasn't to blame really. If you want to point out defending errors, Bresciano should share the burden for how easily he was beaten *on the outside* of the oncoming Italian defender. He made it too easy for the penalty opportunity to occur.

I agree w/ the matterazi red. He is truly one of the butchers of the game, I shed no tears for him. It's true a ref can't lose you a game, we didn't really attack Italy that well, they defended superbly. At the same time, Italy were held back with what 40% possession against the 40+ ranked Australia? that's a little shameful isn't it?
In the end i can't respect Italy as a top football team. They are anti-football. I'll be following Argentina or Germany for the remainder of the competition.
NB: if you want to see FOOTBALL, watch Lionel Messi. What a champ, now *that* is football.
Last edited by joey on Tue Jun 27, 2006 3:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Fun is an unintended, unforeseen, and usually undignified consequence of life."
joey
Gold
Gold

Post by joey »

enzo wrote:joey but i'm italan :wink:
ahh, damnit, i think that's the second time you got me on that... see above. :wink:
MD wrote:We can tell. You can't spell Italian.
Bwahaha. :lol:
Fernando
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Fernando »

I am rooting for Portugal and Brazil(my dad hails from Portugal). :D
Let me be honest,I love motor racing followed by rugby,so this diving and feining great pain irritates the c@#p out of me. :evil:

Felt sorry for the Aussies losing with a measly 5 seconds to go to extra time,but must compliment your team on their good sportmanship. :(
"Racing is life,everything before and after is just waiting."- Steve Mqueen