bill
Silver
Silver

DIFFERENCES IN THE INSTRUMENT PANEL

Post by bill »

I AM TRYING TO UNDERSTANT which models had the RPM panel in front of the steering wheel and everything else in the middle of the dash board and which models had all the control panels in fron of the steering wheel. from the pics that i have seen in the net and all the info that i have gathered i cant seem to find an answer to my question. i am planing on bying a GTV6 in the near future and it is of great importance that the one that i will buy will have only the RPM panel in front of the steering wheel. so an answer will be great help to me and appreciated. thank you.
Zinhead
Silver
Silver

Re: DIFFERENCES IN THE INSTRUMENT PANEL

Post by Zinhead »

That is a hard question to answer. The original 4 cylinder Alfetta in 75 through 80 had the split dash with the tach in front of the driver and the speedo and other guages in the middle. However, in some countries this setup was illegal and Alfa moved the speedo to the drivers side with the tach in the middle.

In 1980 with the introduction of the V6 the dash was redesigned with the speedo and tach in front of the driver. Alfetta's soon moved to the same style dash. I do not know if the factory made the GTV6 with the older split style dash, but I have seen pictures of such a creature. It would also be possible to move the older Alfetta dash to a GTV6, but I find the newer style dash much more ergonomic.
Carel
Silver
Silver

Post by Carel »

Hi Bill

Most of the GTV6's here in South Africa had the split dash with the speedo infront of the driver, however we did see the later style dash in the last models prodused here, I think 84 and 85's

Carel