grega
Gold
Gold

power mirrors

Post by grega »

Hey guys,
i'm new to the group. I've just purchased an 83 gtv6 in california. and i drove it 40hrs back to my home in toronoto canada. Wow what a trip, and i couldn't of picked a better car to do it in!!

when i got the car it didn't have a powerwindow switch. the previous owner provided me w/ one that he got from the scrap yard. i've hooked it up to the same coloured wires, but i can only get the pasenger side mirror to work. there's two empy holes right now in the center console . I asume one is for the powerwindow controler joystic and the other is for the cigarette lighter which is also missing. Where should the switch to alter right and left mirror be?
Also what does the switch to the left of the radio do???

Greg
SamW
Platinum
Platinum

Post by SamW »

Yep, the two hole are the lighter and the power mirror switch. The left/right switch is part of the joy stick, just under the joystick portion, pointing towards the back of the car. I think I remember someone saying these are the same as found in a Saab 900, so you might give them a look.

Not sure what the radio switch is, I don't think I have it on my car.

Welcome! and I am glad you enjoyed the drive, you should have many more in front of you.
grega
Gold
Gold

Post by grega »

thanks for the tip.
I found the right/left mirror selector switch! the tab was broken of so it was not visable at first glance! I'll take a look at some saabs 900 when i go to the scrap yard.
I think the switch next to the radio is an add on, not sure what it does yet......hmmm??

Greg A.
SamW
Platinum
Platinum

Post by SamW »

Does your switch work? It sounds like an add on, just a couple of wild guesses, could it power a power antenna? Maybe a switch for an amp for the radio, like I said, just a couple of wild guesses.
grega
Gold
Gold

Post by grega »

no the switch doesn't seem to do anything. I don't think it'a an antenna because mine is located in the winsheild. Perhaps for an amp?? I'll let you guys know if i ever figure it out!

Greg
DaveH
Gold
Gold

Post by DaveH »

Foglights? PO put a foglights s/w in my car. Although now, it's only purpose in life seems to be to blow a fuse.
Mericet
Gold
Gold

Post by Mericet »

DaveH wrote:Foglights? PO put a foglights s/w in my car. Although now, it's only purpose in life seems to be to blow a fuse.
Seems we have a similar problem. Well, at least my GTV6 is not being driven right now, so it is no problem.

Greg, post a picture of the switch, maybe that will help.
Neil C.

85 GTV 6 "Benna della ruggine e mangiatore dello zoccolo"
SamW
Platinum
Platinum

Post by SamW »

How about your mirror switch, is it working on both sides now?