Terry Johnston
Gold
Gold

Headliner

Post by Terry Johnston »

I need to put an antennae on my 83 GTV6 as I have just replaced my windshield (picked up a perfect one used at APE for $125) and it does not have the imbedded to antenae. I'm thinking of putting in a roof mount once similiar to what is on the new VW's. I will need to get access under the headlinner to run the wire. I think I might be able to by pulling trim/gasket that secures the headliner at the rear of the car at the top of the hatch openning. Any ideas? Terry
Terry
Seb
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Seb »

The headliner is glued all the way around. But if you´re careful I think you can remove/loosen it in the back to get an antenna in plase. Just take it easy so the headliner doesn´t tear, its getting old an dry if it´s the original.

Then use clamps to stretch it when you glue it back. Use contact glue. I put a whole new headliner in mine along with paint last fall.

Good Luck!

Seb
Attachments
MVC-018F.JPG
MVC-018F.JPG (50.25 KiB) Viewed 4193 times
MVC-016F.JPG
MVC-016F.JPG (48.39 KiB) Viewed 4193 times
Proud member of Team Rauk Race.

156 V6 24v -98
GTV6 3.0QV-83
75 3.0 Race Car "The raukster"
4SFED4
Gold
Gold

Post by 4SFED4 »

Terry,

I found an antenna at the local parts store that is made for an RV. It is about 8 inches long and 1/2 high and can be stuck (comes with adhesive pads) to the inside of the windshield. I placed mine in the area between the top of the rear view mirror and the top of the windshield. It is amplified and works very well. I ran the antenna lead and power signal up the passenger side "A" pillar behind the trim pieces. Best of all it is very stealthy and I did not have to drill any holes.

-Brian