sh0rtlife
Verde
Verde

behind the guages

Post by sh0rtlife »

figured since i had some obviously burnt bulbs id pull the guages out and clean and replace all the bulbs but i found 2 cliped red wires and what apears to be a white wire with some soilder on it all behind the speedo any sugjestions on what they might be..the thick red one goes to the fuse box y's off and ends up on the 4th or 5 th fuse..the thin red one heads into the rest of the harness and runns tward the passenger side...the white one sticks out all by itself where the speedo, tach, clock wires are wraped and go into the main harness..i would asume that 1 of these wires goes to the bulb slot on the left side of the speedo(the funny wheel shaped image??? what is it) and perhaps one of them goes to the ?manual cruise control?(for lack of a better explanation on it its the only use i could see it being for)

lil off topic is there anyway to "mute" that ticking time bomb of a clock..short of disconecting it?
Sporttunergtv6
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Sporttunergtv6 »

did some on disable the door buzzer and stuff the wires way up there?! ive done that before.... ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. snip... quiet!
sh0rtlife
Verde
Verde

Post by sh0rtlife »

thats a posibility since its never buzzed...is an 83 suposed to tho?