DaveR
Silver
Silver

Sunroof drainage issue

Post by DaveR »

I recently noticed a wet rusty stain on the headlining immediately underneath one of the sunroof drainholes. There were a couple of small sticks in the drain, but after removing them I was able to pass a whippersnapper cord a meter or so down it. Pressing up hard on the stain produced a crunching noise like rust breaking, although there’s no rust visible from above. A motor trimmer tells me he can take off the headlining & investigate (he thinks the drain tube stub has rusted just above attachment of the plastic drain hose), but says it’s a big job & will probably require replacement of the entire roof lining. Is a there a simpler (cheaper) way to tackle this?
TIA
hutchensgd
Gold
Gold

Headliner material

Post by hutchensgd »

Assuming you end up having to replace your headliner I would be very interested in knowing your source of material.
Glenn
MITCHELL
Silver
Silver

Post by MITCHELL »

Hi Dave,
I'm in NSW and have had to replace my sunroof drainage tubes, no dramas. To access the spot you are talking aboutyou need to:
1. remove the cover strips running up the w/screen pillar
2. remove the door sealing rubber around the top of the door opening. 3. very carefully peel away the hood lining around the door until you have the access required. 4. very carefully peel it away from behind the w/screen rubber, note that you need to replace it if you do - not easy! Good Luck
Charlie Hood
Silver
Silver

Post by Charlie Hood »

I wonder if you could insert some sort of thin smaller tube inside the rusted area and seal it? You would have to be lucky to find the correct material or maybe you could roll something, once you had it fit you could put some sealer on it a put it back in?
Good Luck keep us apprised.
Charlie