Please post a pic of yourself or your car tell us about yourself and let us know where you are from.
SA-Alfa
Silver
Silver

Howzit from Cape Town

Post by SA-Alfa »

Hello All

I've been aware of this site for some time, and now finally joined.

I live in a suburb of Cape Town, South Africa and at 58 am semi-retired... LOL! To keep the brain functioning I also sell classic cars of various marques, ages, condition and price - it started as a hobby and nowadays chews-up most of my time because I foolishly also project manage restoration of certain cars from time to time.

I've owned several Alfa Romeo's over the years, Berlina 1750, Alfasud GTA x2, Giulietta 2.0 Exec, Alfasud StationWagon, Big Six, 156, Spider S3! There is something about ALFA's which is hard to explain until you live and love one or two or ...!

Now a 1982 GTV6 2.5 which essentially had one previous owner from new, but for a brief 6-months with one of my client/friend/collector's. She is metallic Diamond Blue with Brown velour interior and 89,000 klms on the odometer. She stood for 10-years in her garage until last year and is in immaculate condition overall but was treated to a new set of Pirelli P6000 boots. Still goes like a steam-train and on one outing to Hermanus over the mountain passes nothing could live with her or her nutcase driver.

She is about to go to workshop for a going over as she recently arrived from the Free State province where she resided all of her life, she is yet to be named by me. The problems or rather minor issues needing to be rectified to make the lady perfect is having the drive-line couplings replaced as required (terrible vibration under acceleration), a tune-up for sea-level, remove a minute patch of rust below the windscreen, and finally she is smoking due to the valve seals - apparently a "norm" and to be expected - only the thought of ZAR15k for the job is not.

I also own a Lancia Gamma Coupe 2.5iE S2 - yes I'm a glutton for punishment - just need to find a decent and afforable Fiat 130 Coupe and a Ferrari 400i to complete the dream! Anyway the GTV6 and Gamma Coupe will hopefully be coming with me if I ever do relocate to UK/EU before the end of this year - whats that about plans of mice and men?

Which leads me to the subject of ALFA's in general and specifically the GTV6 3.0 Homologation model which so many of you guy's drool over - and which I'm also itching to buy having driven five examples to date. If anyone wants one of the cars, let me know as I have 7 (seven) very good to superb examples of split-dash and full dash models on my records! Maybe I can help you to get your paws on one as well? I supplied Rich with his car "300 GTV FS" which you can see a photo of under his post in July 2010 - his handle is "DRIVERS71".... anyway the ball is in your court so let me know.

Regards from a sunny and showery day in Cape Town to all, Peter. :wall:
kevin
Verde
Verde

Re: Howzit from Cape Town

Post by kevin »

Welcome. Drop me a pm regarding gtv 3.0