Please post a pic of yourself or your car tell us about yourself and let us know where you are from.
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

I have to agree with the rest of the gang, the car looks absolutely amazing. Ride height looks correct, bottom of sill cover parallell to the ground.

:)
Mats Strandberg
-Scuderia Rosso- Now burned to the ground...
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

GTV 2000 -77 - Died in the fire.
155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
SlewofDamascus
Gold
Gold

Wheel Techniques

Post by SlewofDamascus »

CCHAN:

Try Wheel Techniques in the San Jose area - they have an excellent reputation.

http://www.wheeltechniques.com/polishing.html

David B.
1986 GTV-6
mjr
Platinum
Platinum

Post by mjr »

love it, great job chann. love the house too!

couple of questions. 1) where did you get the new coolant tank from?, I need one for my resto too. 2) what are you doing for a screen washer tank?, I will have to remove mine too for supercharging, and not sure what do about replacing it. Re the rear window roller handles, I have two spare some where, I will look for them over the next few weeks, If I can find them, and you still need them, they are yours.

now go driving asap. :D
cchan
Platinum
Platinum

82 Alfa Restoration/Modification

Post by cchan »

Thanks eveyone for the kind input. I glad that the Forum likes it even though it is no longer original. It is a long way from Stock Original which was our first thoughts when we started the project. However, now that it is almost done we are happy that we did not restore stock. We feel it is alot funner to drive. We are glad that we did not restore with the black exterior and blue interior. We are currently restoring all the original parts for pratice and setting up a display.

MJR: You can get the coolant from AR Ricambi and we are still looking were to find a new screen washer tank. If we find a source for a new one we will let you know. The one we have now works but it is discolored and will not show well so we did not reinstall it.

Happy Holidays :D
Rookie ROX
Gold
Gold

Post by Rookie ROX »

cchan what about simply covering the washer tank in paint or something? Means you don't have to spend money replacing something that still works, and just covers up the discolouration. A bit of prep and a few layers of black paint would like fine I believe.

Apart from that, the car looks fantastic! You can never go wrong with those wheels, I wish someone in Australia stocked them! The ride height is just perfect as well!

ROCK ON
R~R
x-rad
Verde
Verde

Post by x-rad »

if you can't make the old tank work....plenty of junk yard tanks...one will fit...and if it's a recent USA car...you can probably order a brand new one for cheap
junglejustice
Verde
Verde

Post by junglejustice »

...? But the car GOT a brand new coolant tank - maybe just 2 hours of running ago...!? :?
Last edited by junglejustice on Sun Dec 23, 2007 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
...to Alfa, or not to Alfa? That is the question...
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

I got a little lost in the posts here. Cchan, if you need a windshield washer tank, I can probably dig one up. Supercharger conversions have left me with a small surplus of them. I may even have a new one, but I don't remember....

I usually replace them with a bag and an in bag pump (like on a Fiat). That frees up a lot of space I use for other things.

Greg Gordon
cchan
Platinum
Platinum

82 Alfa GTV6 Restoration/Modification

Post by cchan »

Thanks Greg,

I just PM you. :D
DaveH
Gold
Gold

Post by DaveH »

cchan:

Just got back on the internet after a house move. 1st thing I did was check gtv6.com - and was I happy to see your car on the road! It looks fantastic. Really, really great. It is tastefully custom, without being over the top.

I'd also recommend the IAP-stocked overflow tank. My '6 has prototype #1 of this part.

Good job on your part. I admire your perseverance.

DaveH
cchan
Platinum
Platinum

82 GTV6 Restoration/Modification

Post by cchan »

Hi DaveH,

Thanks for your post. We just picked up the Alfa from the interior shop. It needs alittle more adjustment on the cold start up but it runs great. We just need to put on the new steering wheel and source some interior parts. Joe needed his space for other clients so I moved it into storage for now. Just need to do the fine details but we will do this on Sat again as my hobby.

I will post some pictures of the interior asap. :D
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

Its one thing to start a project but its another to complete it. There are a lot of cars that never get finished so well done. The best thing about the hood lining it stops the leaking water coming through the plastic piece on the hood if its not siliconed down properly, during a storm or washing the car. These 24v motors hate water and will just misfire when slighly wet.
I dont run timing covers on two of my 24v motors (lost them)but I have seen it happen at the track where a small stone got in when the chap went farming and the belts jumped ending in tears. I use fly screen mesh under mine and hope nothing happens.
x-rad
Verde
Verde

Post by x-rad »

I cut the bottom of the covers off just below the middle bolt. Lets U work on the tensioner without having to remove the whole cover. Top part I keep in place to run the wires across.

Putting a screen on the bottom is a great idea. They sell stainless mesh at:

http://www.twpinc.com/twpinc/control/pr ... S_Elec_1_2

I was going to fashion a front grill from this stuff and replace the black plastic.
cchan
Platinum
Platinum

82 GTV6 Restoration/Modification

Post by cchan »

Hi X-rad,

Do you think you could post a picture of how you did your bottom. We will be welding the brace to strengthen the front swaybar shortly. Therefore, maybe we will do this then as well. I have a new timing belt cover and just need to install it. I forgot to bring it with us when we were with Phil or it would already be done.
x-rad
Verde
Verde

Post by x-rad »

Screen is off at the moment. It was just tack welded to an IAP oil pan protector. This was heavy so I took it off and can't find it right now. The oil pan protector mounts with four bolt to bottom of chassis. You can probably just use a couple of flat clamps and sheet metal screws and mout the screen to the chassis bottom after your welding is done. Easy job.

here is a pic of the covers. They are not 100% protection by any means, but i think better than nothing, and a plce to run wires safely.

There are many used cracked covers which are mostly damaged down low. These can be reused.
Attachments
I think I cut the set on the new engine slightly lower than these to give a little more protection...
I think I cut the set on the new engine slightly lower than these to give a little more protection...
IMG_2934.JPG (132.71 KiB) Viewed 6923 times