Please post a pic of yourself or your car tell us about yourself and let us know where you are from.
Sporttunergtv6
Platinum
Platinum

The Vittorio JR & SR Stable of Alfa Romeo's

Post by Sporttunergtv6 »

After following this forum and the last for 4 years i have finally decided to make an entry, but first i will share a little bit of myself. As some of you may know my, or atleast infer from the heading above, my name is Vittorio Antonini. Most people just call me Victor, or Vic. I was born in NYC and i grew up in Pennsylvania about 30 minutes West of Philly... not quite Lancaster, more like Reading, but Pottstown to be exact (home to what used to be Mrs. Smiths Pie Co). My father has always had atleast two cars; some type of 2+2 coupe and a ticking, rattling truck (9 jeep grand wagoneers to date! luckily he just picked up a new chevy td)). From his first car, a BMW 2002, to an Audi GT, to his late gtv6 (crashed at the glen in 05), i was always impressed as a kid riding copilot in any of these machines. He even let me shift the Alfa when i was practically waist high! He never chimes in on the forum, but i can thank him for giving me the Alfa bug. From 6th grade to sophmore year in high school I wanted an iroc-z, but i think it was the sound of a 2.8 blowing through a free flow ansa system that truly did me in. When I expressed interest in his car my father decided to keep it for himself, which was shocking after years of driving around with a "FOR Sale: $10000" sign in it (HAHAHa note sarcasm!). The 1983 2.8 would have been perfect for me at 16, but he had other plans, namely a repainted alfa red garage kept gtv6 in Philadelphia. The car that is mine almost five years later was the product of a $5500 bid war btw my father and some mouse clicking ebay nut in hungary! I have poured alot of money into that car and at the same time my father has ended up pouring more money into them as a sort of bonding team project. My car has only ever been spun a total of three times on track thanks to a shit load of brake and suspension work ( no coils yet! ) and that underpowered 2.5. My father on the other hand bent a dedion at the point in wv in 04 and made friends with the wall at the aforementioned glen in 05. Two parts cars hence I am about to pop a milano 3.0 in my car and he has a fully stripped body ready for paint and e prod fixings. THe purpose of my car is slightly different. I am still trying to find the right 3.0 24v motor to go with my 350z transmission and bmw differential (hello 80% lockup!), but i am making real progress on a 4 corner wilwood big brake set up with gta rotors up front and sz rotors in back. There will be more writing and eye candy to come I just need to take some good pics. Until then enjoy these pics of my fathers car en route to the paint booth.
Thanks,
Vittorio
Attachments
alfa.jpg
alfa.jpg (91.93 KiB) Viewed 14025 times
small1.jpg
small1.jpg (25.08 KiB) Viewed 14024 times
small2.jpg
small2.jpg (27.99 KiB) Viewed 14025 times
small3.jpg
small3.jpg (39.27 KiB) Viewed 14024 times
small4.jpg
small4.jpg (33.52 KiB) Viewed 14024 times
Sporttunergtv6
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Sporttunergtv6 »

5 post... ::mutters under breath::
Attachments
small5.jpg
small5.jpg (32.74 KiB) Viewed 14023 times
small7.jpg
small7.jpg (33.51 KiB) Viewed 14024 times
small 6.jpg
small 6.jpg (37.14 KiB) Viewed 14024 times
sh0rtlife
Verde
Verde

Post by sh0rtlife »

realy cool to see one on a rotisery...but am i seeing that right...the trunk floor is gone?
x-rad
Verde
Verde

Post by x-rad »

Vic, That 350z tranny is real crisp to shift. I hope you post your build with lots of pics of the engine tranny diff buildup!
X
Sporttunergtv6
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Sporttunergtv6 »

sh0rtlife wrote:realy cool to see one on a rotisery...but am i seeing that right...the trunk floor is gone?
The trunk was the only part of the car that was rusted, so i cut it out and my father decided he wants to roll out a new tail and flat trunk... might be one smooth wrap under piece.

[/quote="xrad"]Vic, That 350z tranny is real crisp to shift. I hope you post your build with lots of pics of the engine tranny diff buildup!

you know it! first expect to see my wilwood brake setup. imp in north jersey is going to fab the brackets for the radial mount calipers.
tectoteam
Gold
Gold

Post by tectoteam »

hum...tell me something.
on a pic the headligths looks like brand new ...
did they are gtv6 ones or comes from an other car ?

i'm getting crazy to find some at a descent price.
2 stroke addict
Sporttunergtv6
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Sporttunergtv6 »

i bought those on ebay like 3 years ago... super condition.
vittorio
Rookie ROX
Gold
Gold

Post by Rookie ROX »

tectoteam wrote:hum...tell me something.
on a pic the headligths looks like brand new ...
did they are gtv6 ones or comes from an other car ?

i'm getting crazy to find some at a descent price.
Have you looked at Greg Gordons new headlight replacement kit?

http://www.hiperformancestore.com or the 'Partss' section in the Classifieds, topic is 'Powerful headlight upgrade' or similar

ROCK ON
R~R
cchan
Platinum
Platinum

Introduction

Post by cchan »

Hi,
I am new to posting so I am not sure if this is going to go to to Vic's introduce myself or hopefully this will start a new string for me. I think that Michael is the admin so please forgive me if I put this in the wrong area and send me an email on the correct way to start new posts.

I have been into cars since my brother started me with the bug. Him and my brother in law owned a small speed shop and we had alot of fun. We had mostly American Cars and one of my fasted car was a Duster with a Hemi installed in High School. It did not corner well but it went fast. Since then I have have been fortunate to have all types of American and European Sport cars.

I just sold my 2000 BMW M5 and I totalled out my most current red sports car. I have normal cars for everyday and I may invest in another red sports car in the near future. Until then, I have decided to pull out my Alfa Romeo GTV 6 for my hobby for now. I will have my associate take some pictures shortly and post it to the forum.

My Alfa Romeo is Dark Gray and I am the original owner. It is stock except for a Full Zender Kit that I had installed a couple of year after I purchased it. My Alfa was ignored in 1988 when I purchased another sport car. Since then it was parked outside our home and was used rarely. My experience with this car is that I spent alot of $ maintaining it and things always went wrong with it. My wife does not even want to drive in it when it rains. Anyway, it is alot cheaper than my other cars were so it make sense at least to me to restore it.

I really like this site and it has given me alot of insight to my Alfa. It appears that the most one can sell an Alfa for in excellent condition is $10,000.00. I was wonder what one might think one will sell for it it was in concours condition. I have never had a concours condition car since once I purchase my autos I drive them alot and they end up looking very used with high miles, rock chips, and dings :( . My Alfa is no exception. When it works it great. Therefore, I am considering my budget for this project currenly.

Since I know everyone here is an Alfa fan I was wondering what everyone else thought :?: Should I go with a concours grade, show car,
or restore with modications and drive it. I look foward to your responses and I am gratefully that I have this site for guidance.
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

Vittorio, I am watching this project closely. Perhaps next time I am in NYC we can meet for lunch. I know a great italian place by some small park in little Italy.
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

cchan you should really start a new topic. Attaching new topics to existing ones causes problems down the road.
Greg
cchan
Platinum
Platinum

Post by cchan »

Sorry,
I know this and it won't happen again. I just need to figure out how to do a new topic.
Sporttunergtv6
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Sporttunergtv6 »

hahaha!
greg, lunch.. for real.
in other news classes start tomorrow. time to buckle down for a long semester of maximizing economic calculations and hopefully some freakin welding practice.
Vittorio
Sporttunergtv6
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Sporttunergtv6 »

I CANNOT EXPRESS HOW HAPPY I AM RIGHT NOW.... WORDS.....

NO... ONLY SILENCE!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %3AIT&rd=1

I NEED A MOMENT TO COLLECT MYSELF...

DOES ANYONE SPEAK GERMAN? I JUST NEED A LIL BIT OF HELP COORDINATING WITH THE SELLER. HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED.

i am going to sit down and be very very quiet now.

vittorio
cchan
Platinum
Platinum

3.0l 24V

Post by cchan »

Hi Sporttunergtv6,

Congratulations on your engine. Your really brave to purchase over seas. I wish I could speak German to help you. Maybe you could help me get an engine as well in the future?? :P Are you getting all the electronic equipment as well or do you get this separate. Since the ebay is in german I have no idea what your getting?

Take care.