Please post a pic of yourself or your car tell us about yourself and let us know where you are from.
Andy C
Silver
Silver

Andy's '87 GTV6GP

Post by Andy C »

Hey guys, very long time lurker here and now-and-then poster.

Thought I'd drop some pics on you all while it's still mine to take photos of!!! Heading to London for work later this year so she's soon to be on the market :( :( It's gonna kill me of course. Always Looking For Another huh? :)

Cheers!
Andy
Attachments
CIMG0641.JPG
CIMG0641.JPG (129.12 KiB) Viewed 12627 times
CIMG0597.JPG
CIMG0597.JPG (120.73 KiB) Viewed 12627 times
CIMG0595.JPG
CIMG0595.JPG (136.5 KiB) Viewed 12628 times
Andy C
Melbourne, Aust
'87 GTV6 GP
patzo_3l
Platinum
Platinum

Post by patzo_3l »

Andy C if i am not mistaken i think i have seen your car at Benincas

before. very nice looking if i say so myself. :lol: :lol: :lol:
patzo_3l

3l gtv6 turbo 85'
2006 147 gta selespeed
1990 75 twinspark
1998 spider
2.0l gtv 85'
33 1.7ie
enzo
Platinum
Platinum

Post by enzo »

nice car!!
pancho
Gold
Gold

Post by pancho »

yeah no bad.

what sort of $ are gtv6's like this fetching nowdays ?
PanchoRama

From the great master Del Compo "so, wat you wan doin?"

High Five. Sexy Time. You Lose
patzo_3l
Platinum
Platinum

Post by patzo_3l »

well pretty much depends on how enthusiastic the alfisti are these days. but as a rule of thumb i have a glasses guide that i receive every month or so that i roughly use as a rule of thumb. and going buy what it says:

87 GTV6 GRAND PRIX from 8000-1300 compared to the standard gtv6 between 6000-10000. which now that i look at it seems just the sort of price range that people are getting for them. a few do try and ask for me but they are fairly optimistic if you ask me. what does surprise me however is the fact that according to this the gtv 4 cyclinder does not seem to be worth much less then the 6. says here: 5500 and 9500. make of it what you may but thats what the book says. of course there will always be shit heaps that fit below these categories but that doesnt stop people trying to ask for top dollar when they should actually be begging you to take it of their hands.
patzo_3l

3l gtv6 turbo 85'
2006 147 gta selespeed
1990 75 twinspark
1998 spider
2.0l gtv 85'
33 1.7ie
ALFA GTV6 GP
Platinum
Platinum

Post by ALFA GTV6 GP »

Hi Andy C
Great looking car but can you verify this was a factory GP built what was the built date?
Dosn't somehow look original to me my two have rear boot wings and have the Windscreen Aerials not body aerials even my 85 GTV6 has a windscreen Aerial.
But saying that someone could have changed these items.How many km's has she done?
Thanks John
Alfa 75 3.0 qv potenziata (Black)
Alfa GTV6 3.0 (Silver)
Alfa GTV6 GP 3.0 (Red)
Alfa GTV6 GP (Concourse)
Alfa GTV6 SA 3.3 AHMotorsport (Grey) 226.3 Bhp atw
Alfa GTV6 3.0 (Dark Grey) 200+ Bhp atw
FLETCH
Silver
Silver

Post by FLETCH »

Andy C,
Beautiful car m8,if i had more cash i'd snap it up :(
love those wheels.
81 GTV 2.5 V6 (SOON TO BE 3L )
86 GTV6 GP
90 164 (ENGINE DONOR)GONE !!!
2013 Mito for the Wifey.
Andy C
Silver
Silver

Post by Andy C »

Hi guys, well, I haven't checked in here for a while so I'll play catch-up on the questions!! :)

Working backwards -

Fletch - Thanks! They're great wheels, aren't they? Def. suit the 6 pot alfetta coupes. Maybe a bit much for the earlier ones though. I bought them second hand from Joe at Alfauto - bloody expensive I should add - but in any case I like 'em! I've seen them on 156s and they look great, I reckon they'd work with 75's as well.

Alfa GTV6 GP - She's run just over 174,000km. Fairly low - the first owner put most of the kays on, then each subsequent owner has only done a few thousand per year. I bought it with 167,000 on the clock, so in two years or so I've brought it up about 7K. As for build date - I'll have to check my documentation tonight. Watch this space! You're absolutely right of course about the rear wings and aerial. The aerial itself was installed aftermarket by a previous owner - the windshield doesn't look original to me so I'm assuming that the original was broken and subsequently replaced.

As for the wing - this is actually something I've been keen to ask the trainspotters on!! I'm familiar with the normal thin black spoiler that sits on the rear of these models. When I bought this car (about two years ago or so) - it had a different spoiler on the rear. I'm not sure if it's stock, or if a previous owner installed it (removing the stock one). In any case - the spoiler on mine (currently sitting separately in the garage) looks just like this one (but red):

A past owner decided to throw some pretty lame 17' chrome rims on the car and lowered the shite out of it, it's possible he installed this spoiler too. Anyways - question is, have you guys seen many of these spoilers, and are they factory? If not, who made them?

Patzo - yep, you may well have seen it there! Either being serviced after I first bought it, or more recently having a donut replaced. If I'm not mistaken, I can see the arse end of their workshop in a few photos you've posted of the blown 3.0l? Price - hard to say isn't it? When I was shopping I looked at a few and was just about to buy an '86 GTV6 from a bloke in Sydney for $15,500. It was bloody beautiful, clean as a whistle. BUT, (grr, hehe) if I'm not mistaken, Mezevenf's dad bought the thing - sight unseen. I always thought the Glasses guide was a little under on these (well, judging on what was available when I was looking for one) but maybe I'm biased now!!! :)

So - I reckon it's probably a $14K car except for these problems -1) synchos on second gone and 2) damage to passenger door and a few nicks on the paint. As for the first - I always thought I'd get this fixed but never got around to it. Call me nuts but I truly think that mastering and working with the tranny is as much a joy as winding up the V6 through tunnels. But I accept most people would disagree! As for the second. The passenger door at some stage copped some damage - and in the interests of fixing it, some bozo cut out a (circa) 240mm by 150mm rectangle of metal from the door (roughly where the black stripe trim sits), and replaced it with new metal. Didn't weld it properly - the only thing holding it there seemed to be the paint and trim, and it's now shown through. I'll take a photo tonight and post it. Again always intended to fix it but never got around to it. I should add that when the previous owner said that to me as well I thought he was nuts, and here's me doing the same thing. :? Not sure what the repair would cost, can't imagine it's that tricky though.

Mitigating factors on these negatives are the wheels, low mileage + history, otherwise good nick and possibly the license plate? The interior is in great condition too. Ultimately it just depends what it's worth to somebody huh?

I'm looking at heading off O/S soon and I need to get off my arse and sell the thing. Which is bloody sad really but I can't justify leaving it sitting there. Of course every mate of mine has offered to baby sit it for free - how generous!! :/ I'd much rather let it go to a good home through the board here or a friend of a friend here, and I'm definitely receptive to hard luck stories if you know what I mean!!! Any offers? ;)
Andy C
Melbourne, Aust
'87 GTV6 GP
Andy C
Silver
Silver

Post by Andy C »

Hey guys how's things

I've done some hunting through my books etc - The build date was September 1986 (shit, 20 years old next month, if I can't sell it I'll have to buy a cake) and the Alfa Romeo Australia plate in the engine bay states 05/87, presumably this is when it landed in AU?

Pre delivery inspection for '6GP-4568' was completed on 30 June 1987 by Frank Talbot Motors in Abbotsford. First owner was Richard Ellis Pty Ltd - who bought on the same day with original license plate DEA 676. Engine: AR01911 A63502 Chassis: ZAR116C00 03004568.

Anyways, I've attached a photo of the spoiler. It normally bolts through however in this shot I've used Blu Tack for extra security at speed.

So, can anyone help me shed some light on this spoiler business? There's no sign of where the 'usual' one would have sat which has thrown me.

And even better, does anyone want to buy it!? The car, I mean!! ;)
Attachments
Passenger side showing damage to door. It apears a new piece of metal was bonded only by the black trim and paint, the later subsequently cracking.
Passenger side showing damage to door. It apears a new piece of metal was bonded only by the black trim and paint, the later subsequently cracking.
side.JPG (32.75 KiB) Viewed 12230 times
High tech blu-tak fasteners holding the spoiler to the hatch like shit to a blanket.
High tech blu-tak fasteners holding the spoiler to the hatch like shit to a blanket.
rear.JPG (169.42 KiB) Viewed 12246 times
Last edited by Andy C on Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andy C
Melbourne, Aust
'87 GTV6 GP
ALFA GTV6 GP
Platinum
Platinum

Post by ALFA GTV6 GP »

Yep me I want it I sent you a PM
Thanks John
Alfa 75 3.0 qv potenziata (Black)
Alfa GTV6 3.0 (Silver)
Alfa GTV6 GP 3.0 (Red)
Alfa GTV6 GP (Concourse)
Alfa GTV6 SA 3.3 AHMotorsport (Grey) 226.3 Bhp atw
Alfa GTV6 3.0 (Dark Grey) 200+ Bhp atw
FLETCH
Silver
Silver

Post by FLETCH »

:shock: John,3 grand prix,Damn,now i'm really jealous :lol:

that spoiler is a zender spoiler me thinks!
if you do buy it John that spoiler wouldnt suit it, being a GP and all :D
ha ha,would look good on my 81 though.
seriously i wish you were over this way John so i could admire your collection in person.
i'm off to the concorso on sunday in Sydney so hopefully there will be a GP or 2 to look at.
cheers all
FLETCH.
81 GTV 2.5 V6 (SOON TO BE 3L )
86 GTV6 GP
90 164 (ENGINE DONOR)GONE !!!
2013 Mito for the Wifey.
Andy C
Silver
Silver

Post by Andy C »

Hi guys, just to clarrify - I'm still looking for a buyer. I might stop posting on this thread and move over to the 'for sale' section!

Cheers!
andy
Andy C
Melbourne, Aust
'87 GTV6 GP
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

Hi Andy, awesome looking car. Can you or anyone else tell me the differences between the GP version and the 1985 gtv 2.5 that we got in SA. Visually I can see the front and rear bumpers are different, front spoiler and wheel arch skirts. Were the differences only cosmetic?
Any idea how many were made?
Deffenitally the best GTV I have seen. Stunning rims.
Cheers.
Kevin
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

Deffenitally??Kev,you are pouring too much crete bud!!
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

See Kevin, you really have to watch your can here.

You make what is deffenitally a little mistake and the mob get up your fooschoo faster than a ferret up a drain pipe. :lol:

I can see Barry deffenitally agrees. :lol:

..Baz, you're definitely bent and there's no way I am bringing the girlfriend around for afternoon tea and scones to your joint without a full body wet suit on. :)
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse