SPAIN
Silver
Silver

rubber surrounding door

Post by SPAIN »

I have a 1983 gtv6. i am stripping the car for a repaint but cannot get the triangle glass out. Its held in place by a small peice of metal fixed to the top of the door by two rivet These are under a rubber surrounding the door. How does this rubber come off. I can't see rivets nor screws to hold ot in place.

regards

Pancho
tectoteam
Gold
Gold

Post by tectoteam »

I see your problem exactly.:

imagine the door vertical, then the rubber is 90° fitted in regard of the vertical level of the door.

open the door.
and pull this rubber towards you as simply as you can...
this is horizontaly fitted.(for the upper side)
begin from the corner; easier to catch.

:? ..........a draw should be more efficient.....

for under.....2 bolts of 10 metric. ans there is a screw in door steel panel, must strip the door from handles and panel.
this screw is very close to the bottom ~90° corner of this triangular glass.
2 stroke addict
SPAIN
Silver
Silver

rubber surrounding door

Post by SPAIN »

Thanks Tectoteam for your help. Another questions. Is that rubber glued to the door . How do i get it back on again. Wll it break if i try to remove it?

Regards,

Pancho
tectoteam
Gold
Gold

Re: rubber surrounding door

Post by tectoteam »

SPAIN wrote:Thanks Tectoteam for your help. Another questions. Is that rubber glued to the door . How do i get it back on again. Wll it break if i try to remove it?

Regards,
Pancho
hey.

as well i remenber they are not 'glued', but its a bit hard to outa, hang it on hardly before to pull this.

when they are removed, you should understand how to refit them, as simply as you pull it but in the reverse order.

evantually i will take a photo, please wait.
2 stroke addict