Zamani
Site Admin
Site Admin

Just painted the car

Post by Zamani »

Hey Guys,

Just painted my car (AR 375 color code). But it was done by Maaco (cheapo place) but I didn't want to spend too much on a car this old. Especially if I won't be in the US for long and it doesn't contribute to performance. Looks nice, but it is a single stage paint with "integrated clear" from DuPont as opposed to the factory's dual stage (base + clear coat) paint. The paint is not super cheap like enamel based paints, nor is it the really good quality type. I'll post pics soon. The paint job turned out pretty good and I paid $1250 which included some panel work too. Usually $1250 is how much it costs to do some body work, let alone sanding, prepping and actual painting (around US$5-6K at most shops if you DON'T change colors).

Will post pics later. Looking for some nice black wheels now.
Last edited by Zamani on Thu Nov 03, 2005 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bteoh
Platinum
Platinum

Post by bteoh »

Hey Zamani,

Yeah, post some pics so that I can see what AR 375 is. My GTV6 is at the panel shop and has just had the engine bay painted. Still using the stock colour AR 530 and am looking forward to having it finished. You're right about panel and paint costing a bomb.
enzo
Platinum
Platinum

Post by enzo »

AR375 is blue metallic ;-)
Zamani
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zamani »

Zafiro Blu

hehe
bteoh
Platinum
Platinum

Post by bteoh »

Anyone out there with a two tone coloured GTV6 (Red on top and grey on lower areas). I have got the paint code for the red (AR 530) but there isn't anything for the grey on the bottom. Anyone have an idea what the original colour code is for the grey? Seb, care to answer?? I think I saw some pics of your car.
Thanks