tImBoWe
Gold
Gold

Coil spring Rate

Post by tImBoWe »

Really need to drop the rear a bit to level her out after the front was dropped. Can any one suggest a rear coil rate that I should be looking at? RSR's coils range from 40-56-70 Kgs. We have quite poor roads down here so I dont need any thing too rigid and dont want it soft either.

Maybe 56 kgs is the answer. Or any other brands out there worth considering? Any body using IAP's ones?

Need to drop around 1 1/2".

Cheerz Tim.
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

Hi Tim
Just seen your post. I have 50kgs on my car which is great for track and freeway driving. I found I just bounce along the roads in the neighbourhood. Yes, they are tar. I have also found the rear rs shocks are a lot shorter than the standards so this reduces your ride height considerably. What heights are you looking for under the jacking points (front&rear). I am trying a set of 27kgs on my dads car is this is strictly road. I think the origionals I took out were 18kgs. Will let you know what its like.
Cheers
tImBoWe
Gold
Gold

Post by tImBoWe »

Hi Kevin

I'm just looking to drop the rear down an inch or so to level up the car. I dropped the front down one spline on the tortion rod and that took care of the front. Its just the rear sits up a bit too much now.

The choice of spring is crap here. 2-3 months if I go through a shop and only one brand, one weight is all that sems to be available.

Just dont want to be bounced round too much in the cab with a rigid spring rate.

RSR looks to be the way I'll go. As for the shockies, I replaced the originals with Bilstiens a few months back. Happy as with them.

Cheerz Tim.