MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

I agree that these are nice wheels. However, I think they are more suited to a sports sedan than a coupe. Bound to be differences of opinion I am sure but I still think for three piece rims, you can't go past Simmons.
A bit dated but so is the car.
Mats, I reckon you are pretty much on the money with the tyre thing for 16" rims. Recently I got a new set but had to spend heaps of time sorting through one problem after another. Finally got a set of Yokohama ES100. They seem to be a good road tyre for OZ street/touring.
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse
Daniel
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Daniel »

MD, depends what type of tyre you're chasing. Toyo R888 are available in 215/45 and 225/45 in 16" and Falken RT615 in 215/45 if you're chasing something slightly more street orientated. If you drive on the street then 17" wheels don't offer much in the way of profile to fend off our local pot-holes and constant road works and 18" are just dumb (and not legal on a GTV6 - max 30% wider and 2" bigger diameter with no real rolling diameter change).
I suppose you could stick to 15" but that means 12" brake rotors are a tight squeeze (but do-able :) I know)
x-rad
Verde
Verde

Post by x-rad »

MD: Seriously, you don't think these look sharp on the charcoal GTV? To each his own as you already stated.... I think these are a better version of the original Campi's with the dental rim-edge work and the fairly smooth center.

Enzo: Those look great. 16's?? is that the European look with the rolled tire edge? I think I would rather have a little more sidewall so when I take those nasty sharps I won't leave sparks......and a little curb protection, as well..